Comments

Comments

• Charlotte
    December 26, 2011 - 11:33

Personally I think WE are the aliens and a far superior life form watches US with peculiar interest, wondering if we will ever evolve to our maturity. Hey, I believe in God and am even a minister (female at that - blasphemy!!!) but I think anyone who thinks for a minute they have it all figured out from one book compiled of a few ancient manuscripts that have been seriously mistranslated and wrongly used over many years is seriously delusional. God is bigger than our imagination, even with the help of scripture, will ever take us.

• Anon
    December 23, 2011 - 15:28

What do atheists, christians and investigative scientists have in common? They all have the answers and neither of them can prove a thing. Hogwash. The thesis of this article is tragically flawed. Other lifeforms in the galaxy and beyond wouldn't disprove anything in the bible. The ancient sanscript texts of india make several allusions to alien life forms. This is not a new concept - not even to religion.

• Jack Roberts
      January 20, 2012 - 16:58

I liked how you justified your point about the bible by referencing sanscript texts ;) I get the feeling you haven't written very many theses. While your right that the existance of aliens is not a new concept to religion as a whole the discovery of other lifeforms in the universe will most definatly shake the faith of people that believe that the bible is the exact word of god (i.e fundamentalist christians)

• David
    December 23, 2011 - 10:18

Read the firsf .few chapters in Genesis and its explained how their is only life on earth. That is, if you believe in God

• David Day
    December 23, 2011 - 08:48

This is not so inconsistant with biblical accounts of the universe. Christ's last words according to one account is that he had beings from other worlds to attend to. Merry Christmas!

• Warren Schmaus
    December 23, 2011 - 07:57

While your basic assumptions may be based upon the bible account that God created the heavens and the earth, the idea that a scientist on earth will outsmart God is laughable. Your questions at the end of your article are based upon the improbable, and thus follow into the form of "what would happen if ice formed and sank?" Interesting to contemplate but of little value otherwise. God seems to want a relationship with mankind based upon faith. The more I understand His character, plans, and purpose, the more my actions are seen by others as faith. Religious people require actions based upon a set of rules. In following a set of stringent rules, the breaking of rules usually follows rather quickly. It would be best to believe that the creator GOD was more interested in our knowing Him than following a set of rules. This would give me true hope in my future as well as the future for mankind.