Comments

Comments

• Frank
    May 22, 2012 - 07:05

Yes, and you can lump Karla Homolka in with this despicable lot. But unfortunately she is as free as a bird on the outside instead of being behind bars for the rest of her miserable life.

• Rene Ritter
    May 21, 2012 - 06:39

I believe that for a heinous crime like this the death penalty should be in place, this fellow will be out in 25 years, that is if he survives the prison system (I hope he doesn't) I am a Christian also and believe "thou shall not kill" however in some of these crimes there is only one punishment, we need the death penalty for cases like these!

• Donna Stagg
    May 20, 2012 - 19:18

You speak for so many of us , in my opinion, who don't have the words to express how much we feel about this monster. I have two granddaughters who are the joy of my life, I only wish we could always keep our children safe from people like him.

• T
    May 19, 2012 - 21:45

I myself have watched my children as they were drug through the miserable court system, because of a sick pedophile. My babysitters husband. Our family have suffered more pain than I thought possible to bear and survive. Yet here is this poor eight year old, innocent angel. There are no words to even explain how I hate the man who did this, how I hate these sick men/women. Yes the women too. Lots of time their spouses are there to try and cover up and support their husband. I cannot believe that this day in age these monsters live to tell their story. Our children should never have to face a sickoo like this on the street if they had ever seen a jail cell for molesting a children. When convicted of child abuse, that in itself should be the end of their freedom from then on. They should be put on deserted island to survive or rot alone. They should never see freedom again. Not in three or twenty five years. Our justice system support them, by freeing them. Money should never be an issue when it comes to our childrens safety. And pedophiles should not have any right...

• Primrose
    May 19, 2012 - 13:43

Current events are favourite topics of discussion between me and a certain good friend of mine. But neither of us has ever brought up the Tori Stafford case. I can't speak for my friend, but I think the reason we avoid it is just because the whole think is so unspeakably gut wrenching and horrific, we can't bear to even talk about it. RIP sweet little girl.

• Herb Morrison
    May 19, 2012 - 11:02

"Whoever harms one of these little ones that believes in me, it would be better for him if a millstone where tied around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the ocean. " Matt: 18:6 This text from Matthew's Gospel refers to all God's children, every person on this earth. This included Tori Stafford and all people who are exploited and victimized by people like Michael Rafferty. Well, while I am a child of God, and a professing Christian to boot, I am human and not Divine. In my humaness I can't help but suggest to those in authority that, in order for Justice to be served, in order that Rafferty might experience some semblance of the pain that his actions have inflicted on both Tori Stafford and those who loved her, that the most personal and private parts of Rafferty's anatomy be removed, with the dullest knife that can be found.

• PETER
      May 19, 2012 - 20:56

AMEN to that Herb Morrison!!!! From another Christian.

• We live in a very sick World Master Jack.
    May 19, 2012 - 09:11

Ms. Frampton you said everything in your column that any clear thinking individual would like to say. It is hard to believe that there are monsters among us that can commit such despicable and torturous acts as were committed on the dear little angel, Tori Stafford. This monster deserves no better treatment than what his dear little victim received and I hope he gets it in Cell B or whatever Cell in ends up in, at the hands of his fellow prisoners. Also I am wondering how such deviants evolve, was he sexually tortured as a child or is it an inherent gene that is present in some individuals at birth that causes them to do such horrendous acts? Are there studies to find out what possesses such an individual? If not, with all the torturous acts that have been committed on children over the years, these people's mind should be studied and maybe society can avert these horrendous acts of inhumanity. I suppose though with the system of law that is practiced in our country, that might infringe upon his rights. It is a sick World we live in Master Jack!

• Primrose
    May 19, 2012 - 09:10

Pieces of garbage like Rafferty, Bernardo, Olson, et al get a great kick out of our revulsion for them. They love the attention. There is no shame; quite the opposite.