Comments

Comments

• Terry
    June 03, 2012 - 13:23

Norfolk kicked their arses. I was at the last game. They clobbered the IceCaps! Sorry, Danny Boy! Get over it! It's the same ego-driven anger and spite from this guy.

• David
    June 03, 2012 - 12:03

It's too bad that the first signs of sobriety on the topic of Danny williams and his immense Napoleonesque ego are only starting to show up now....now, after years of his being a cancerous, destructive emperor. Now, when what he does is really no one's concern, the criticisms and knives come out. Newfoundlanders are a funny, bizarre, infantile crowd.

• Unfortunate Son
    June 02, 2012 - 15:14

When Williams said in an interview that Norfolk weren't the better team, just the hotter team, two letters came to mind..........BS

• Foghorn Leghorn
    June 02, 2012 - 12:54

As is always the case it is - Danny's Way or the Highway! Rumor out there they are going to rename New Gower Street in front of Mile One Stadium - Danny's Way - in his honor. The only problem I can see is that you won't be allowed to turn off of Danny's Way unless he says so! So it might not be such a great idea after all.

• sam
    June 02, 2012 - 11:13

Bob is right, of course and Robin Short is also right. The IceCaps blew it. To lose 4 staight with their level of skill leaves no excuse.

• EdfromRED
    June 02, 2012 - 11:02

Great column Bob as always, I think your opinion pieces are what I look forward to reading most in The Telegram. it's interesting to see the bootlickers takeing offence at your words of wisdom. I guess money and power ensures ones shoes are spic and span : )

• frank M
    June 02, 2012 - 09:39

I actually enjoy Bob Wakeham's diatribes on Williams' - because it finally makes me realize what makes Wakeham tick. Jealousy. Pure and simple. No one an spend that much time and energy criticizing another human being without being intensely jealous of their success and the respect they have earned as an individual. My mother always said - if they are teasing you it is because they don't feel good about themselves. Poor Bob.