Comments

Comments

• Anon
    June 07, 2012 - 19:19

No Eli Manning I never used a bible as a passport, I guess that means every knowledge of History I had is now void if I wasn't present to witness it... nice logic. You can't get a passport without being registered as biological property of the government or chattle. I don't expect you to research this notion on your own so I certainly won't waste my time explaining why that is. If you bother to sit down and search a few things, you might just not think a family bible to be such a bad idea. But hey, if you don't mind registering your children or becoming an agent of government so you can apply for legal documents that are already lawful, be my guest. I assume every statement that begins with "With respect" to contain none of it. So my apologies for the sarcasm should my assumption be spurious.

• Anon
    June 06, 2012 - 16:13

At one point all you needed to cross the border was a family bible with your name and date of birth in your mother's hand-writing. Now we have to write a novel of papers and applications. It's just a silly little line.

• Eli
      June 06, 2012 - 19:26

Hey ANON, with respect, when was the last time you carried the family bible to cross the border into the USA? Did you have somebody help you carry it? Ours was so big & clumsy the covers eventually came off. A simple little passport and filling in a destination card aren't that complicated. Peter didn't have the latter and like everybody else was told to fill one out.

• Herb Morrison
    June 06, 2012 - 12:35

Gotta love it People who spend most of their time on this website contributing two or three line posts (usually using their time to level juvenile, schoolyard bully type insults, having the audacity to question the journalistic integrity of either Mr. Jackson or anyone else who chooses to submit well thought out submissions to the Telegram for publication. If the comments weren't so laughable , speaking as a perdon who thinks before he writes, I would be downright insulted.

• NowIsee
    June 06, 2012 - 11:14

I travel often to the U.S.A. and have never had a problem with U.S. customs. Re-entering Canada on the other hand is when I find I’m being treated like a criminal. It’s a disgrace the way were treated here.

• John Smith
    June 06, 2012 - 10:16

...did you say "journalism"? LOL give me a break....the Telegram and journalism are about as far apart as night and day...

• David
    June 06, 2012 - 08:56

I'm not sure you minded the customs experience as much as any hint of exposure to the french language. It's not a crime or sin, you know.

• Richard
    June 06, 2012 - 08:47

You get paid for writing articles like this?

• Eli
    June 06, 2012 - 08:14

Peter, That form is handed out AT THE CHECK-IN COUNTER when you check-in for your flight. That would change of course if you just had carry-on baggage, checked-in online & went directly to the gate. It's obviously been a while since you crossed the border by plane.