Comments

Comments

• Stephen
    August 12, 2012 - 21:24

I guess the writer would have us vote for the new demoncrap party.

• David
    August 12, 2012 - 08:57

Given the long-running, completely disfunctional state of Newfoundland politics, the non-existence of any sort of provincial economy, and the socialist welfare mindset of virtually the entire popualtion, I take great comfort that the viceral hatred for Harper in this province is compelling anecdotal evidence that he really is one of this country's very few effective and decisive leaders.

• A Long-haired Layabout
    August 11, 2012 - 21:38

To "A business man"... what are you doing wasting your time posting your inane right-wing commentary on this site? You above all should know that time is money, and time wasted is money wasted. Dummy up and go make some more money to pay the taxes the rest of us need to enable us to draw pogey/welfare so we can all stay home and waste time in the proper manner by posting our anti-business left-wing commentary on this site, while you morons go off to work to support the rest of us with your hard-earned tax dollars. Thanks, by the way.

• a business man
    August 11, 2012 - 13:25

I support Mr. Harper. I am happy that Canada is losing blue collar jobs, because we all deserve that blue collar work. I am happy that with the new Employment Insurance rules because the EI system is being abused and I am footing the bill. I am happy with the Temporary Foreign Worker Program changes because I want cheaper workers. Thus, I am happy that Harper is not talking with the premiers because he is doing what he was elected to do. He should not talk to anyone, but stay the court and do what the majority of voters elected him to do....

• P. D. Carswell
      August 11, 2012 - 23:06

A Business Man. First: your comment about Blue Collar jobs doesn't make sense. Second: you are a good example of "I've got mine, so forget the rest" thinking.

• a business man
      August 13, 2012 - 06:53

to clarify, my first sentence should have read that ' I am happy we are losing blue collar jobs, because we all deserve BETTER than blue collar work. >>> Secondly, I have a democratic right to practice "I've got mine, so forget the rest" thinking, so while you disagree, please respect my choices. I don't get up in the morning for anyone other than my family, and I don't cast my ballot for anyone else other than my family.

• P. D. Carswell
    August 11, 2012 - 12:01

Excellent column. You speak for those of us - and there are many - who are becoming more and more fed up. I hold out hope that Canada's premiers, judicial system, First Nations and possibly provincial and municipal police forces will act to counter the idiocy that the Harper government is imposing on us. War of 1812, yeah, right.

• Christopher Chafe
    August 11, 2012 - 10:55

It's about bloody time we had a Prime Minister tackle the abuse of the EI system. Surprise, Surprise Newfoundlanders & Labradorians (albeit not all of us) are up in arms over the fact that they can no longer abuse the EI system and get away with it. BOO HOO FRICKEN HOO!!! Now if we could only get Dunderdale to do the same thing with the Welfare program this province would be much better off!

• Justin Flontek
    August 11, 2012 - 09:12

harpo is quickly loosing all support. The more he bullies his way through our democracy the more resistance he's going to come across. Soon, harpo will be the one sent packing, right into a cozy little cell, with Bubba.