Comments

Comments

• David
    December 19, 2012 - 17:32

Perhaps the government should ban a few other things while they are pushing through their Nalcor / Muskrat Falls legislation………..like heat pumps, R-2000 houses, all insulation, vapour barrier, flourscent light bulbs, Energy Star rated appliances and low-e argon windows. We’ll be the laughing stock of the country, but at least the project will be a real success!!

• Winston Adams
    December 19, 2012 - 12:59

The well off can affort efficient heating, and will cut their energy bill despite price increases. Most cannot, not without a rebate program. So the poor will get poorer and bear the burden. Govn was using efficient heat for schools, per their new energy policy. Just heard they are going back to old style electric heat. Nalcor needs to keep the demand up. Progress going in reverse.

• Concerned
    December 19, 2012 - 12:23

David, congradulation, I just put in a new wood stove, much more work, but I enjoy it. I havn't turned on my heat in a month. My next step is solar panels, this government is going to have to work very hard to get extra money out of me.

• John Smith
    December 19, 2012 - 09:28

...sounds like something Russell would write...LOL

• Maurice E. Adams
    December 19, 2012 - 09:01

Sorry David, the more you drive down demand, the more Cabinet will direct the PUB, the more the PUB will direct Nalcor, the more Nalcor will direct NL Hydro, the more NL Hydro will direct NL Power to charge ratepayers more --- because the legislation now before the House (which is a pre-condition of the Loan Guarantee) will require by law that if demand goes down, rates have to go up to meet the locked-in 50 year take or pay Muskrat Falls contract. We are being screwed by both our federal and provincial Conservative governments. PUB authority (a pre-condition of the Loan Guarantee) is being totally usurped by the politicians --- Cabinet. The PUB will be directed to meet the needs of industry---- paid for by whatever it takes by ratepayers.

• David
    December 19, 2012 - 08:46

Peter - Well done. I enjoyed reading this and I agree 100% with the sarcasm. Unfortunately, I will not be helping out as much as other rate payers to pay for this new project. I just retrofitted my house with mini-split heat pumps. The typical rate payer will pay for Muskrat for 50 years. I'll only spend about 7 years paying for my heat pumps.