Comments

Comments

• RJ
    December 21, 2012 - 11:47

Two months of commercialism.Sad selfish world.Tell the family we are going to make something for each other instead buying things.And a strange man dressed up in disguise getting his jollies with little kids in his lap...pretty sick.There are to many perverts out there.No stranger in a red and white suit is allowed to hold my child.

• a business man
      December 22, 2012 - 13:25

I see nothing wrong with the commercialism. I work hard all year, and it is the time to provide my family with the excesses of life. We will never make things for each other, but rather look to buy something extravagant and memorable. Furthermore, some of my businesses are retail based, so I support the commercialism because I benefit from it. Therefore, I encourage everyone to go out and buy something special and expensive. that said, i do share your sentiments about the Santa Claus workers. I never let my kids sit on Santa. We need to ask ourselves who are these guys dressing up as Santa. Are they doctors, lawyers, police officers and highly respected community members who are trying to make Christmas special for the kids? Or are they alcoholic, drug addicted individuals who cannot get a job anywhere else at a time of the year when every retail organization is hiring? Are the convicts who cannot pass a background check? Are they individuals who cannot be trusted to count the cash but who end up with innocent children on their laps. The Santa situation is pretty screwed up if you ask me. It seems to me that anyone worth a grain of salt would find a better job. but that is just my opinion

• david
    December 21, 2012 - 10:28

I guess you're off your meds ,eh? Or is a post or two about charity at Christmas your own way of squaring your otherwise completely idiotic "philosophies" on life? Compared to you, Scrooge was a saint, a business genius, and a bon vivant. On behalf of every fan or participant in any area of commercial activity: go away.

• a business man
      December 21, 2012 - 15:32

Yeah, insult me because you disagree with how I run my business. You are certainly entitled to you opinion, and I am entitled to my conduct. In any case, I do more than make a post or two for charity. I have founded numerous shelters and soup kitchens in the US. Through my combined business interests, I sponsor at least 100 children through World Vision. I donate to all the major Toronto hospitals and to the hospitals in the US cities that I have businesses in. I am happy to support charities that I believe in. And I am happy to not support charities that I do not believe in.

• a business man
    December 21, 2012 - 09:55

I encourage business owners to make an effort to support those less fortunate during the holidays. In the US cities that I operate in, I sponsor an annual turkey dinner and donate $$ to some of the shelters in those cities. For business owners, it is a great way to give back to the communities that you operate in and get your name out there as a sponsor, and it is also a tax write-off.

• Jerome
    December 21, 2012 - 09:10

There's a line in a Don Williams song that goes: "I don't believe that Heaven waits, for only those who congregate". Merry Christmas Mr. Phelan.

• Danielle
    December 21, 2012 - 08:01

hello, I am a mom of three little boys and the holidays can be a tough time financial and emotionally. Struggling for christmas groceries and presentys and all the little things you need to have a happy holiday. Well this year my worries of all the extras was taking care of, A woman named mrs Harris and her co-workers, Put together a Christmas Hamper for us. This was out of the goodness of her heart that she thought of doing this for us. I actually ran out of cupboard space. When i seen the amount of stuff i was so overwelmed with joy. This is what christmas really is about. I thanked Mrs Harris and gave a christmas card but to me that just wasn't enough so i wanted to post on here about my Christmas Angel and how she made my families christmas a little bit brighter this year. Thank you so much.

• Herb Morrison