Comments

Comments

• Aunt Lizzie
    February 10, 2013 - 14:28

The Telegram loses all credibility when it makes nasty partisan comments like "terms that even a Conservative government should be able to understand." Instead of a reasoned critique of Conservative policy, this is an insulting and immature insinuation that all conservatives are stupid, including the roughly 30 percent of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians who voted Conservative in the last federal election. We all know the Telegram is a highly partisan publication, but why does it have to engage in such a nasty and bullying style of politics?

• Donna J.
      February 11, 2013 - 11:04

I thought that the comment: "terms that even a Conservative government should be able to understand" was very generous and a little optomistic. Isn't it horrible when Conservatives are bullied? The poor dears are just misunderstood.

• Aunt Lizzie
      February 12, 2013 - 11:07

@Donna: Like I said, I enjoy a reasoned critique of government policy. I just expect the Telegram to keep its editorials a level above the silly schoolyard taunts that politicians toss at each other during question period. The Telegram contributes nothing to the public discourse on any issue when it reduces itself to hyper-partisan mud-flinging.

• Winston Adams
    February 09, 2013 - 12:45

I guess it is reasoned that the mess would drift east with our prevailing westerly winds. But that is a risky proposition given that winds are sometimes easterly for weeks. Sea ice , at times,jammed into our harbours attest to that. There seems little concern as long as royalty income form production keeps coming. imagine our shores and beaches blackened for years and the oil companies with a mere 40 million in liability. People are frightened of fracking. Imagine a incident like in the Gulf ? The City of St John's and the Fishery union and others should be screaming about this as shameless carelessness.

• PHIL C.
    February 09, 2013 - 11:36

AS THE OLD SAYING GOES BOYS. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE BEFORE ITS TO LATE.

• Corporate Psycho
    February 09, 2013 - 09:15

Mr. Ruelokke mentions "existing regulations", "equipment", and "procedures". I challenge him to be more specific. Pure smoke and mirrors. Safety on land is more regulated (dirty little secret). If I owned a local construction company I would be asking allot of questions.