Comments

Comments

• david
    March 21, 2013 - 12:15

And while we're at it, Hitler wasn't ALL bad either, you know.....

• Wondering
    March 21, 2013 - 11:35

I met Penashue at the Bill Clinton line up for a photo at Mile One few years ago. I assumed he got his invitation from Danny Williams, who was a speaker at the event. I had an invitation from a bank representative. I introduced myself to Penashue to explain my disappointment that officials at Natuashish expressed no interest in a one million plus proposal for non profit foundation to help kids there on issues of eduacation and health. Peter replied that this was a sizable sum of money, and would look into it and get back to me. As he was also busy on his cell phone, I moved on, in respect of his privacy. Never heard back from Peter. From then on I felt Peter was more interested in Peter than those less fortunate, even of his own people. However my admiration for his mother, I beleive, Elizabeth Penashue, has grown.

• Marcia
    March 21, 2013 - 10:57

I agree wholeheartedly with the article's sentiments. We are seeing a terrible descent.

• Cyril Rogers
    March 21, 2013 - 10:48

Any semblance of truth became the first casualty of the Harper Conservatives agenda, once they attained power. That they repeat the same crap time after time shows just how arrogant and foolish they have become. Having said that, both the NDP and the Liberals had best take note of the nauseating manner in which these people govern and they will better understand why we, the people, are somewhat skeptical of all politicians. We don't need more scandals from any of them yet I fear, that without electoral reform that ensures they can be held accountable, things will continue in that vein, no matter which party gains power.

• saelcove
    March 21, 2013 - 10:10

Please name all the wonderful things the fiberals did

• Chantal
      March 21, 2013 - 11:47

"Fiberals!" Another brilliant retort. What a wit you have! Oscar Wilde had nothing on you. (Oscar WIlde was a writer and humourist).

• Richard
    March 21, 2013 - 09:41

Sorry to break it to you Harvey, but that makes you pretty darned naive, doesn't it?

• Harvey
    March 21, 2013 - 08:53

In 2006 I eagerly voted for the Conservatives. I was not aware that I would be voting for a bunch of lying, insidious , uncaring brutes.