Comments

Comments

• Gerald Ryan
    March 29, 2013 - 07:57

I am in no way a political advocate for any party and I cannot say that Stephen Harper is an all time favourite but I have to admire his stance on some issues. I clearly remember his offer to meet with the chief but that wasn't good enough. The meeting had to be on her terms. I believe that his decision not to meet these conditions was the right decision. As an aboriginal citizen of Canada I have to stand back and wonder where things are going to end up. It appears that every comment and every decision that is made by the non- aboriginals is being interpreted and classified as racism. Come on people wake up and smell the roses. We all know that this is not the case. We all know that the majority of aboriginal people are viewed as equals by their non-aboriginal neighbours. It is unfortunate that there is a select few that always focuses on the negative aspect with the intent to bring out the poor me aspect, then when somebody responds they interpret it as racism. Come on, take ownership and responsibility for your own actions. As for my opinion of the media I believe that they print and publish only things that create strife not what is actually occuring.

• david
    March 28, 2013 - 12:26

I think we should take the last few dollars remaining from the oil windfall we foolishly watched being completely wasted and put up signage outside every cemetery in Newfoundland: "WE ALL DIED OF STEPHEN HARPER."

• EDfromRED
    March 28, 2013 - 11:15

It's starting to look like Stephen Harper has enlisted the provincial PC's to destroy our province from the inside. With cuts to Justice, libraries, education, and the explosion in crime, it looks like plans are well underway to turn us into a North American Haiti.

• saelcove
    March 28, 2013 - 08:40

if they spent as much time looking for work as they do protesting.

• a business man
    March 28, 2013 - 08:20

Honestly, I agree with Harper's decisions. Canada's economic relationship with China is far more important that Aboriginal issues. I have nothing against aboriginal peoples. To put my post in context, Canada's economic relationship with China is more important to me than is Newfoundland and than is the Canadian fishery. I support Harper 100%. This was simply a smart business decision.

• kevin mark bauer
      March 28, 2013 - 09:55

The Harper Government has been selling out our ecology and ecosystem in favor of the economy since he got his mandate from the people.He will always put business ahead of our people and our land.This must stop and when his mandate runs out, I hope the Canadian people vote him out of office. He was a necessary evil when economies were collapsing to our south,but now it is time to bring in someone who can continue sound economic restraint without selling out our eco-system.