Comments

Comments

• W McLean
    February 12, 2013 - 10:03

Never ceases to amaze how quickly someone like Jack Fitzgerald will be attacked for injecting facts, and debunking myths, in local political and historical debates.

• Jay
    February 12, 2013 - 08:58

What's wrong, Jack. Have the sales of your own book stalled? Or are you just fed up with Malone because he beat you to the punch? Jack, we can't stick to the facts, because, except for yours and Joey's, they are hidden. That's what conspiracists do. There were numerous examples of trickery around theconfederation battle. One only has to look at the question on the ballot to see the bias promoted by the pro-confederation forces.

• Grassy Knoll
    February 12, 2013 - 08:43

Facts are boring, who could be bothered. But conspiracy theories are more entertaining and some are profitable.

• Colin Burke
    February 12, 2013 - 08:19

Theodore?? Roosevelt.

• Russell Wangersky
      February 12, 2013 - 08:40

That's my mistake - brain cramp. Mr. Fitzgerald's letter merely said Roosevelt and Churchill, but we add first names and I added the wrong one. Russell Wangersky

• NF for NF
    February 12, 2013 - 07:31

It is quite clear that Jack knows jack. Here he goes again standing on his soapbox wringing his hands pretending to be an honest-to-goodness historian. Jack is a purveyor of Pulp Faction, blurring the lines of popular fiction with sporadic haphazard injections of fact so long as it can be researched by someone else and paraphrased by Jack himself. I am tired of these attacks by the Confederate forces whose interpretation of the historical record seem to be still spurred on by the Great Confederate Joey Smallwood. In fact dig deep enough into Jack's history one will find that he served the master Confederate. It is time that we look back on this period with objectiveness and maturity that it deserves. Stop rewriting our history to fit neatly into the Canadian Paradigm. Newfoundland's history simply does not. Our history deserves better treatment than the public maleficent musings of the Confederate hordes who attack people's interpretations that contradict their own especially when one's own work is lacking in objectivity.

• Mr.Shea
      February 12, 2013 - 08:56

I remember the good ol' day's..I'd puff up my chest & walk accross the floor...oops that was a mistake!

• Mr.Shea