Comments

Comments

• NL TURF
    February 27, 2013 - 23:01

I love the Pearl !! My buddy asked which Hotel I would suggest he stay at, when he landed at the Mt Pearl International Airport !! I told him there are plenty of hotels in this fair city and if the Park no View Hotel is full, maybe he could take a cab to St. John's, where there would be plenty of hotel rooms. Seriously folks, and seriously Grace , the Pearl is but a pimple on the back side of the most oldest city in North America. Always was, always will be. P. S. And especially you Proud earlites take note!! Where were all you Pearlites born, you know , what hospital were you delivered at. Nuff Said!!

• Ken mounted
      February 28, 2013 - 23:54

St.John's : Land of the free loaders and gas bar robbers and pot head cow tippers :) Yes it is a dirty ol' town and that's how we always have been and shall remain!!

• Turry from town
    February 27, 2013 - 15:06

Sure,the hospitals,university,confederation bldg are all in St.John's,but they do not pay taxes to the city.All the people who work there and go there have to drive on the roads daily that the taxpayers of St.John's pay to have maintained,snowclearing,pothole repair etc... So you outsiders can have anyone of them,and you will be faced with the same problems as the city is,paying for the whole region.AMALGAMATION??? bring it on.

• Corporate Psycho
    February 25, 2013 - 19:45

One word. Amalgamation.

• Mr. Mount Pearl
      February 26, 2013 - 06:39

Yeah, I'm ok with Amalgamation as long as it's the crowd in Mount Pearl running things when it's all said and done.

• Mr. Mount Pearl
      February 26, 2013 - 06:47

All I hear from Townies about Mount Pearl is AMALGAMATION!! Jeez for a place you supposedly hate so much, why are you so anxious to take it over?

• too funny
      February 27, 2013 - 13:29

Newsflash. The people in Mount Pearl are "Townies". Keep in mind that while the letter write likes Mount Pearl, she chooses to live in St. John's. It's a nice place to visit but ...

• Hmmm
    February 25, 2013 - 14:12

Try taking a walk through the WalMart on Merchant Drive some evening......people nearly run you over with their carts! Mount Pearl may be friendly as a community, but they have the rudest shoppers by far.

• whatever
    February 25, 2013 - 11:23

I hope you don't slip and break your ankle at the Frosty Festival,but if you do,be sure to report what kind of care you received at the Mount Pearl Hospital. Oh,right...

• Mr. Mount Pearl
      February 26, 2013 - 06:41

Hospitals are a Provincial Responsibility. Don't act like the City of St. John's is providing this service...you just happened to be lucky to be awarded the location......kinda like Southlands.

• Eileen
      February 26, 2013 - 20:27

Whatever should remember St. John's doe not own the hospitals - they belong to the province - they are just located in St. John's!

• ginger
    February 25, 2013 - 09:19

I would disagree!! I lived in Mount Pearl for 3 years, and found the people there to be rather stuffy...clean city no doubt, but the overall friendliness of the people I found to lack admiration!!! Sorry..its my findings being a resident there!! Unless you were amongst the click they created, your almost not welcomes! Infact, my Father will do everything in his power to not have to drive through Mt.Pearl at all...he will take alternate routes!!!!!

• Anonymous
    February 25, 2013 - 08:03

you forgot about the plowed sidewalks and salted roads.

• Mr.U
      February 25, 2013 - 13:13

Hey we can't have well maintained roads with potholes filled & sidewalks cleared as well...er ahem!!

• jeremiah
    February 25, 2013 - 07:18

Pathetic and short sighted.