Comments

Comments

• Danny
    March 15, 2013 - 00:09

There are several time slots avail for "Doyle" with what would be a large audience.3:30am Sat morning or Sunday.You get in from partying & flick on the tube & sober up abit watchin the b'y from Bell Island.

• Jon Brown
    March 12, 2013 - 19:35

CBC has always been the greatest supporter of Canadian culture. Please show support for such a unique Canadian show. Doyle on Wednesdays!!!

• Jon brown
    March 12, 2013 - 16:48

CBC has always been there for Canadian culture. Please give Doyle the support it deserves. Bring it back to Wednesdays!

• Wanoka
    March 12, 2013 - 14:05

I wish Republic of Doyle was on here in Colorado. I wouldn't care what night it was on I would watch it. The show has a huge following here in the States. Unfortunately we have to wait for the shows to come out on DVD, or download them. I know there are a lot in Newfoundland that may not like the show, but like Employed By Doyle said it brings a lot of money into the local economy. Like most areas I am sure that money is very much needed. Here in CO we look forward to when movies are filmed here. Not all of us may like the movie, but we do like the money coming into the state.

• Employed By Doyle
    March 12, 2013 - 10:58

Just to give some perspective- Doyle directly employs a minimum of 180 people, per season. Additionally, dozens upon dozens of background actors, principal actors, and daily trades people get added through out the season. The vast majority of which, are local. And for those who aren't local- they are bringing A LOT of money into our local economy, in the way of shopping, accommodations, car rentals, etc. So when you mess with Doyle, you are messing with the livelyhoods of A LOT of people. Chances are, one is your neighbour, or friend. Food for though.

• Susan E. Hyde
    March 12, 2013 - 08:51

I agree. You don't punish success. What the CBC has done is indefensible and we need to make sure they know it. From the beginning, "Doyle" has captured the hearts of Newfoundlanders here and away and fans around the world. The commitment of cast and crew to high production value is without match. We all know it, we all talk about it, and we all brag about it. The vibrant commitment of cast members to social change at home is visible and commendable.. And so the commitment of fans must be to contact CBC, stand up and speak out for OUR "Doyle". I don't know the who, what and how of a decision to tank this most successful show. It's beyond me, but I ask myself, what would Jake do?!

• Danny
    March 11, 2013 - 23:34

When you whine about a fictional TV show....it's time to get a life.

• lyly
      March 12, 2013 - 13:14

Danny...for many people this is more than a TV show, it is their livelihood. This show has done a lot of good for this province in many ways, obvious and hidden. It is too bad that something like a bad time slot is hurting all that. CBC needs to give the regions a fair shake, nobody is asking for special treatments, just a fair chance at a good market which the show had on Wednesday nights. There are not many main shows coming out of the regions so let's not sabotage their chances to succeed. And yes the fans are complaining, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your community and how it is presented to the world!

• Unfortunate Son
    March 11, 2013 - 18:05

I think the episode where Doyle jumps the shark in St.John's harbour is coming soon.

• Eli
    March 11, 2013 - 16:13

You can have Republic of Doyle. The fleeting shots of Brigus in that show weren't worh the effrort of watching just another cops & robbers series better & cheaper done in Los Angeles. Land & Sea, whatever the day or nite suits me just fine. At least it's real.

• Danny
    March 11, 2013 - 16:12

You fail to mention "The Beachcombers" was a decent show... Doyle is pretty much a waste of time.

• a business man
    March 11, 2013 - 10:02

They can't find a slot for Doyle because the other slots are filled with better shows. Why watch Doyle when you could watch other shows. On Sunday, there is the Apprentice, Amazing Race, Good Wife, Revenge. On Monday, there is Anger Management, Deception and something else that I forget. On Tuesday, we have NCIS,NCIS LA and Criminal Minds. On Wednesday, there is Law and Order, and Suits (Suits!). On Thursday, there is 2.5 Men, The Office, Gray Anatomy. ON Friday, there is Blue Bloods, but also people don't tend to watch TV. Frankly, I suspect CBC chose Sunday night because there are just far too many BETTER shows on at other times. It is not just about showing Doyle at a convenient time....it is about showing Doyle when people will watch it. And honestly, no one outside of Atlantic will watch Doyle when any one of the shows is airing. Hell, I live here and I don't watch Doyle. As a result, Doyle is left with Sunday night, and that is until a better show pushes Doyle to another slot. CBC cannot air one of its best shows during the same time slot that they other networks air their very popular shows. I hope that makes sense. That said, the Good Wife and the Apprentice were great last night!

• Political Watcher
    March 11, 2013 - 09:07

I agree, they manage to air the Dragons den and its repeats the following night but can't manage to find a slot for Doyle. I guess having a successful show that is sold to over 100 Countires is bad for the CBC. Doyle is a weekly show and should be aired weekly and on an evening where there is less chance of pre-emption. Bad decision making on someones part.

• W Bagg
    March 11, 2013 - 08:25

it's filling in the Beachcombers slot.