Comments

Comments

• BC
    October 21, 2013 - 13:00

Certainly, good sir, the reason the RNC is not there is that they hire reasonable people who value their own lives. Little known fact: The CBS highway is the very one Kenny Logan sang about there in Top Gun (the ORR of course is the "danger zone").

• Brian
    October 21, 2013 - 12:03

And yet a rollover is not a deterrent at all, or at least it doesn't seem to be. I've seen several rollovers on the ORR, and minutes later will see drivers race by me like they're in F1, either totally oblivious to the accident scene they surely had to pass, or too stupid to figure out that the likely cause was speed. Nope - I'm with the writer on this one - put cruisers in select locations on the ORR for a full 4 week period, and you may see people start to slow down. If not, let the offenders continue to fund the extra headcount at the RNC.

• @anon
    October 21, 2013 - 11:45

What a foolish suggestion. How's self policing going to help those that are killed or maimed by the morons who refuse to respect they're on a shared roadway. I say step up enforcement and ticket the offenders until they learn some respect.

• Stephen D Redgrave
    October 21, 2013 - 11:04

Wake up Mr Bishop: With all due respect for your concern--do you know how many treacherous roads there are in the British Columbia interior without a cop to be found for one hundred kilometers in any direction? Ranting about who's to blame over stunned, and careless driving habits should never be placed on our police. I raised my kids to drive with a professional and polished attitude, by example and sufficient attention to detail--something that is woefully lacking in Newfoundland and apparently India too.

• Anon
    October 21, 2013 - 07:56

That's all wee need is more cops on the highway handing out tax-tokens (i.e. tickets) Let people be their own enforcement. A high-speed rollover is more of a deterrent than any ticket.

• EastCanShan
      October 21, 2013 - 13:22

Yeah, and let them kill someone else in the process. BRILLIANT SUGGESTION ..... note my sarcasm. I agree with the writer. Increase the presence, enforce the darn rules and make the punishments more severe. Eventually, idiots will get the message and follow the rules. How about speed cameras? The government is always looking for ways to increase revenue. The cameras would make the government a fortune - at least in the initial implementation.