Keep playing seasonal songs

I have always celebrated Christmas until Jan. 6.

I have noticed over the years that radio stations play Christmas music until maybe Boxing Day.

It seems that once this day is over, there is no more Christmas music, not even one or two pieces an hour.

There are a lot of people like me who would enjoy Christmas music until Jan. 6.

This seems very sad to me.

Gail Chaulk

St. John’s

Comments

Comments

• Andy Dufresne
    January 03, 2014 - 20:50

Shouldn't the writer be focusing her rant on the radio stations, not with the newspaper? What did they tell her?

• Stephanie
    January 03, 2014 - 17:39

I'm with you Gail. So commercialized has Christmas become!! I do admit, the stations wear out the songs long before the season is upon us though. I come from the generation that celebrates Christmas until Jan.6. As well as being nice to your neighbour. Shame on all your comments. I do wish that Santa brought you a dose of kindness and personalities!! Merry Christmas Gail!

• red
    January 03, 2014 - 13:54

Oh the friendly Newfoundlanders lol. Nice to see you guys made a resolution to be happier this year.

• david
    January 03, 2014 - 12:16

New year, same coma. Here's an shocking suggestion: Buy some CDs and play them for yourself whenever you like. But that idea would not have occurred to anyone in a place where complaining that "someone should do something" is the battle cry of the mopes.

• original townie
    January 03, 2014 - 11:44

Gail....get an I-pod and fill your boots for twelve mos. a year. Don't force the rest of us to have to go through this painful Christmas song season. I'm personally tired of hearing "White Christmas", "Snoopy" and "The hat I got for Christmas"

• Jon
    January 03, 2014 - 09:26

Considering that you start hearing Christmas music in November now, I think it is acceptable to stop playing after boxing day. By the time Christmas officially starts, I'm tired of it. Nothing to stop you from playing it on your CD or MP3 player.

• Anon
    January 03, 2014 - 09:20

Well there's a lot of people like me who are sick of it as soon as the first christmas song is over. Good riddance til next year I says!

• Anon