Be it resolved: that the 2014 winter games in Sochi, Russia, were a vile and obscene exhibition of waste, national vanity and corruption on a monumental scale.
• That further, the International Olympic Committee is a widely suspected corrupt organization and has proven to be so from time to time.
• That an expenditure of $50 billion by the Russian government will prove to be theft of Madoffian proportions.
• That such is the intensity and perversion of the human competitive spirit, that some athletes will cheat and have done so even as to their gender, because of extraordinary pressures put on them both political and commercial.
• That the CBC, with its ubiquitous presence and coverage, is aiding the wilful and open corruption of the competition and the villainous heavy-handed manner in which it has been staged.
Further, that the CBC is complicit and hypocritical in its benign acceptance of blatant violations of basic human rights in Russia.
• That the winter games themselves are, in some instances, little more than a modern invention of mere tricks in the snow better characterized as a game of “boggers,” to use the local vernacular, and unworthy of the former dignity of Olympic games history and tradition.
• That the younger athletes themselves, for all their fine qualities and hard work, are unaware of the manipulative manner in which they have been treated.
Further, and given time and maturity, they will realize that they were used for political and commercial purposes.
And now, the vote
For the proposition?