Backing Bennett

The Telegram

This is to the Voters of Virginia Waters.
During the Liberal leadership race I worked with and supported Dwight Ball for Leader of the Liberal Party of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Having known Dwight’s grandfather and father most of  my life — very honourable and well-respected people, people who get things done  — I saw the same traits in Dwight and after seeing him in action in the House of Assembly I felt he was the best person to lead this province into the future.

During the leadership race, although I did not meet her, I learnt a lot about Cathy Bennett. I have seen in her a honest and intelligent person who, like Dwight, has a lot of leadership qualifications and a love for this province and in order for her to get where she is today had to be a hard worker and I believe will stop at nothing to get a job done.

She is a person who this province needs in government to help get Newfoundland and Labrador back on track in 2015.

You may ask why am I getting involved in a by election in Virginia Waters.

I am and old codger who won’t be around much longer and can survive no matter what happens but I am one of the lucky Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. I have most of my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren living in this province and close around me. I want this province to be a place that they can be proud of and prosperous so they will never have to leave.

We have the resources to do this but only if they are managed right. I am convinced that this can happen under the leadership of Dwight Ball, with the help of Cathy Bennett and the rest of the Liberal Party.

To the people of Virginia Waters, I am not telling you how to vote, you are intelligent enough to make the right decision and I am sure that you want the same thing for this beautiful province of ours as I do a place that our children can be proud off and never have to leave.

(Retired) Capt. Wilfred Bartlett

Green Bay South

Geographic location: Newfoundland and Labrador, Green Bay South

Comments

Comments

• OLD MAN FART
    March 31, 2014 - 15:08

Mr Bartlett no disrespect, Sir you said, you would like to see your family to stay at home , and make their living here...TRUE... But at the same time, your supporting Cathy Bennett who believe in supporting foreign workers policy. Would you like to see our young people stay at home also, or only your owns children, and the hell with everybody else's children. Because that what your saying, if you are supporting Cathy Bennett. Sir has for Mr Ball. Just ask him, where did he started his car dealership too. In the community where he his asking people to support him, Or some where else.

• Linda
    March 31, 2014 - 10:54

Captain, what are you looking for? Dwight is not even elects premier , and your the first one looking for something. Man stood by, and letting them tear down the mill in grand falls, can't make a decision concerning fracking, Come to my town of Jackson arms, all he see is make work project, follow by starvation , yes sir I have to agree with you a man of vision, Only for himself.

• MikeS
    March 31, 2014 - 08:41

History will prove the biggest mistake the liberals ever made will be picking Dwight Ball as their leader....when the election finally comes I highly doubt voters will actually elect this guy as leader of this province....I know for me it will be anyone by Dwight....and Im a Liberal thinker!

• joebennett
      March 31, 2014 - 09:02

To MikeS - So you rather vote for the old-boys-club in order for them to protect each other in the business world. Make no wonder the ordinary Newfoundlander and Labradorian has a hard time surviving. Once the oil money starts running out and MF bills starts coming, the only people that will be able to survive will be your cronies. Most of us will have to leave this province.

• Seriously
      March 31, 2014 - 13:01

Dwight is no different than any of them. In it for himself. lol

• Too Funny
    March 31, 2014 - 07:50

"We have seen a lot of damage done to the province by this Government because of their arrogance and their refusal to listen to the people that pay their wages." You take that line and apply to every government that we've had. And after two terms in power you'll be saying the same thing about Ball and is crew. Nothing changes, just the color of the party.

• Seriously
    March 31, 2014 - 05:11

Hilarious. Cathy Bennett supported the PC's far more than she ever supported the Liberals prior to becoming one. Check out her donations to the PC's and those to the Liberals in the same period, looking at the last decade or so. And she accepted the chairmanship of Nalcor from the still influential PC and NL demigod Danny Williams. But as we are seeing here lately, people only go where the best opportunity is for them to gain power (see Danny Breen). It's a joke. And an insult to us all. And the Liberals are where they are not because of Ball's "leadership" and "honour", lol, but because the other two parties are in rough shape. Terrible choices all round.