Two, no, three questions

I am sick and tired of hearing Premier Kathy Dunderdale spew about Muskrat Falls.

I have just two questions.

1) Who is going to get filthy rich from it? And 2) who’s following the money?

OK.

Three questions:  who is pulling the strings of Dunderdale and her puppets?

Bob Woolridge

Mount Pearl

Comments

Comments

• EDfromRED
    November 24, 2012 - 17:03

I'm starting to think the PC's are being blatantly corrupt on purpose, in order to drive those of us in the public who have any common sense at all, to start drinking --or do so more heavily, so they can reap the rewards of our provinces ridiculously high liquor taxes! I think those who hold political power in this province should read less Machiavelli for Dummies and more treatises on democracy and public opinion. They must think we are the biggest fools on planet Earth, if they think the people of this province can't see the brazenness of their deceit

• Virginia Waters
    November 22, 2012 - 07:23

You've got to be kidding? The CBC in this province is being run on a shoe-string and that string keeps getting cut every year. Half the tv news is devoted to viewer feedback because it doesn't cost a dime. And some of the questions of the day are really asinine. Even with that, some evenings they need to switch to national news after three or four local stories because that's all they got. Pretty soon CBC in this province will be like the light houses - they'll be automated. Harper would like to shut it down but is afraid of the public backlash from Canadians concerned that every other news source is tainted by commercial interests. So instead of killing it outright, his plan is to choke off funding until its performance is so bad that people will start calling for it to be dismantled or sold to the private sector. Add to that the fact that CBC management is notoriously dysfunctional and incompetent. BTW, it is widely known among CBC viewers that this kind of post would not make it past the CBC censors. They have instructions to refuse all comment critical of mothercorp.

• Corporate Psycho
    November 21, 2012 - 20:32

Why don't some of the media like CBC's Cochrane start doing some investigative journalism?

• Maurice E. Adams
    November 21, 2012 - 18:59

KEN ---- You ask --- "The ratepayers are expected to pay the full cost of the project by buying 40% of the power generated, or more if the generated power is less than forecasted. I would like to know if we only use 30% of the power and the government sells the extra 10% elsewhere, will the proceeds from that sale go towards the project costs, or will it go in the governments general accounts, or will it be held by Nalcor? "---------- If we only use 30% of the power, we still have to pay for the 40% in accordance with the take or pay contract, which in effect means that each user will have to pay more for the less each is using, ------ "2. How much money will the government get from this project from all sources, payroll and business taxes, income taxes of workers and companies, sale of excess electricity, etc..., and how much would the power rates be reduced if this amount were put towards the total cost of the project? "------- Only about 43% of the what ratepayers will pay in (to meet the requirements of the take or pay contract) is needed to pay for the debt servicing and operating costs over 50 years. The remaining 57% ($20 billion of the total $35 billion) coming out of the pockets of ratepayers (mostly from our children and grand children) goes to Nalcor and/or government (in effect --- a massive tax grab). If you wish to see Nalcor's info-graphic showing that, see www.vision2041.com

• Ken Collis
    November 21, 2012 - 12:07

I visited the government Muskrat Falls website and after looking at all the info there I was unable to see the info I was interested in. There is a place where, if you have a question you would like answered, then send it here and it will benswered in two days. I submitted two questions on Nov. 11th. Here they are: I have two questions that I would like answered. 1. The ratepayers are expected to pay the full cost of the project by buying 40% of the power generated, or more if the generated power is less than forecasted. I would like to know if we only use 30% of the power and the government sells the extra 10% elsewhere, will the proceeds from that sale go towards the project costs, or will it go in the governments general accounts, or will it be held by Nalcor? 2. How much money will the government get from this project from all sources, payroll and business taxes, income taxes of workers and companies, sale of excess electricity, etc..., and how much would the power rates be reduced if this amount were put towards the total cost of the project? The Premier has promised that all questions from the public are welcome, and every question will be answered so I look forward to your reply. Cheers, Ken Collis Now, 11 days later I'm still waiting for a reply. OK, two questions rate 4 days to reply, I guess, but it's been 10 days and it's not in my junk mail, so what's up? John Smith, you should know. Pass on this info to us all please, or are you just another talking head?

• Ron Tizzard
    November 21, 2012 - 11:23

Bob (Woolridge) and Too Funny...Good questions! I don't know how old both of you are...in the interim, try not holding your breath for an answer...practice taking deep, deep breaths! Perhaps you'll both get oxygen cylindars for Christmas! Best wishes.

• Too Funny
    November 21, 2012 - 08:15

You forgot your most important question - "What's in it for me?" Hey, if Yvonne can ask it why not you but I don't think you'll like the answer.