Maplewood Apartments fire

Send to a friend

Send this slideshow to a friend.

Published on February 19, 2014

A resident of Maplewood Apartments on Shaw Street is taken to waiting ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in the senior's complex.

Published on February 19, 2014

A resident of Maplewood Apartments on Shaw Street is sits on the ground after a firefighter removed her from her burning apartment building. She was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in the senior's complex.


Published on February 19, 2014

A senior is removed from the scene of a fire at a senior's complex Wednesday afternoon. Several residents were suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in the senior's complex.


Published on February 19, 2014

Firefighters walk past residents of an apartment complex on Shaw Street as the residents leave the building during a fire.

Published on February 19, 2014

An exhausted firefighter kneels on the ground after rescuing a senior(background) from Maplewood Apartments on Shaw Street. She was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following the fire. The firefighter was not injured.

Published on February 19, 2014

A firefighter prepares to hose down flames shooting from a window of a senior's apartment building on Shaw Street. Several residents were suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in the senior's complex.

Published on February 19, 2014

Flames erupt from a window at Maplewood Apartments on Shaw Street. Several seniors were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following the fire.


Published on February 19, 2014

A resident of Maplewood Apartments on Shaw Street is taken to waiting ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in the senior's complex.

Published on February 19, 2014

Paramedics and firefighters are at the scene of a fire at Maplewood Apartments in St. John's. — Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

Published on February 19, 2014

Firefighters are at the scene of a fire at Maplewood Apartments in St. John's. — Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

Over a hundred residents of Maplewood Apartments had to be evacuated from their building Wednesday with several being taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the rear of the building. While some residents left with family members, many others were taken to St. John's city hall to register and be cared for by the Salvation Army.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments