Comments

Comments

• George
    January 24, 2011 - 11:13

It's funny how people put Hockey before the safety of the community. It's seems that people are so happy to have a good hockey player it doesn't matter what he is being charged with. Well I have three daugthers in there late teens and I would definitely want to know if someone who was charged with sexual assualt lived in the area! I thank The Telegram for informing the community of this. It seems some of the posters here are saying hockey players are above the law!

• Rob Canning
    January 22, 2011 - 11:10

I am a cats fan and I am glad he joined our team and the Telegram should be ashame of themselves for mentioning his outstanding charges because the topic should only be about hockey.

• Kerri
      March 29, 2011 - 17:04

I'm also a Cats fan and I agree with Rob 100%

• Reader
    January 21, 2011 - 23:16

How is bringing up the charges anything to do with the title of the story?? Goalie in need of a change goes hand in hand with legal charges... I think not. Some people I guess will look for any chance to exploit some other peoples dark moments and make it public. Can only feel bad for him as again he is innocent until proven guilty and having this brought out into the public again must be tough on him. Saw him play and thought he was pretty good, too bad this kinda stuff happened to him.

• richard
    January 21, 2011 - 18:13

To ken oliver ! I would like an explanation from you to where you found it neccesary to drag this young mans personal life into this column. It's a game of hockey , thats it. Total trash and bullcrap on your part. anything for a news print right?????????

• Steve
    January 20, 2011 - 10:21

How is mentioning his charges not part of why he is playing Senior hockey in NL? If it was not for the charges laid, he would still be in Ontario playing College hockey. He should have considered himself lucky he is playing hockey at all. he should stop whining about being on a losing team, and be thankful he is not playing ball hockey against inmates.

• Joe Delveckio
      January 20, 2011 - 15:39

He is innocent until proven guilty. Why would it matter why he is back playing senior? Could have missed being home. Right now he is innocent, so it should have no bearing on where he should play or shouldn't. Until he is proven guilty he should live his life... and not worry about people critizing things he may or may not have done.

• Ed Smith
    January 16, 2011 - 22:05

Don't mention the charges??? The guy is charged with sexually assaulting and choking three different women before he is 20 years of age! I think the young women of Grand-Falls deserve the knowledge that this goalie with 3 years experience in the "Q" is coming... I hope Halifax police were notified of his "talents"...

• frances slaney
    January 15, 2011 - 15:23

Really what purpose was served in mentioning o/s legal issues other than to accentuate malice. Does THE TELEGRAM need to stoop that low ?????????

• garry burt
    January 15, 2011 - 12:37

i dont it was necessary to mention the charges against him as it had nothing to do with him playing with Grand Falls.

• Patricia Perry
      January 18, 2011 - 21:13

I think it's ridiculous that the Telegram, once again, feels it necessary to create news, rather than just tell the story of Mark Yetman moving to a new team. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty. I can't wait to read all about the positives he will bring to the Grand Falls team.