Comments

Comments

• Greg
    July 20, 2011 - 08:04

67 and running 10km races, very admirable... I like how it mentions this could have happened 20 years ago (when he was 47) if he hadn't been so active... which is exactly the way our sedentary society is headed.

• Gerard Lowe
    July 19, 2011 - 15:53

I ran against Art a couple of times in Tey 10 races. Usually saw him at the start and then the back of his head as he ran away from me. Very inspiring Art. Look forward to seeing your times.

• Harold St. Croix
    July 19, 2011 - 15:28

Well a nice story on a Newfoundalnd and Labrador Running Legend,i had the honour of training with Art,racing with him and also gaining alot of knowledge from him over the years on running and racing. Yes i know Art well be back and this story is great inspiration to other runners and people in general to keeo up a healthy lifestyle.Art has been a very dedicated runner,coach,and advisor to fellow Newfoundland elite and recreational runners,i had the pleasure of competing with Art in The Tely 10 mile road race,i want to wish him a speedy recovery. Sincerely, Six Time Tely 10 Winner Harold St. Croix Fort Mcmurray Alberta

• Joanie
      July 22, 2011 - 06:12

This is a great article and I have the greatest admiration for Art Meaney who is not only a great runner but a gracious member of the running community. I also agree with his comment that one is likely to do better when health issues arise if you have an active and overall healthy lifestyle. I learned this through the Running Room and try to convey this to people who attribute all ills to running . Well done Art. We wish you an excellent recovery -from far and near!

• Patti
    July 19, 2011 - 13:12

Art is a true inspiration and not only has he helped himself live longer without having a "cardiac incident" and recover from it at "record speed" but I know for a fact that he has probably done the same for many others who like him, have no idea that he has saved them from premature ill health. His running clinics have been responsible for many people taking up healthier lifestyles. I will also plug Mr. Johnson and all of his trail development as well as the volunteers with the East Coast trails! You don't have to have lots of money to be active and be empowered, right ART?!!! :)

• lionel foote
      July 21, 2011 - 08:47

wishing you all the best.....had some great runs with you...you are a great friend.i truely respect you...and what you did for running....take care