Comments

Comments

• Powers Pond
    September 08, 2011 - 10:14

Ex Mount Pearl Soccer Player. Why the need to call out Farmer?? Personal grudge? Did you get cut from teams he may have made? Mark is a hard worker and a team player. And will continue to play in the years to come because of his drive and love for sports. Hey I will be the first to admitt that Mark can be a bit sour on the playing field sometimes. But thats who he is. Take it or leave it. I guess it makes you feel good to come on here and just blast people for no reason. Do up your top ten list for me please? Get your hate on! Mount Pearl seems to be an easy target these days.

• Ryan
    September 06, 2011 - 16:05

Hear goes John Browne with his pro Cross rhetoric. If that was Zach Wade or John Hawco that told you to fly to F, you can bet it wouldn't be printed. What poor journalism. We need a new voice to monopolize sports writing in the city. Pitiful.

• Ex Mount Pearl Soccer Player
      September 06, 2011 - 23:52

Pitiful??? I have seen Mark Reddy whine like a huge baby over the stupidest of things. I've played soccer and hockey with him and I can tell you that without naming names, if the Mount Pearl soccer and hockey associations were make a top 10 list of theatrical whiners, he would be on it. His ego is always on but when he loses a game (no matter what the league, sport), he turns into a vicious unsportsmanlike person with whom I have no respect for.

• Steve
    September 06, 2011 - 12:59

Why would you even write what Oram said to you coming off the field? Why not just interview someone else, or not say that at all? Its brutal that you printed that. Shame on you.

• HC Fan
      September 07, 2011 - 07:49

What's the harm in printing it? It show's how frustrated the player was and how he tried to keep his cool even though he was upset. I don't think it puts a negative light on the player at all. It just shows his emtions and I'm sure that anyone who has ever played a sport can empathize with the emotion and struggle to keep it under control when someone approches you like that. I think those few lines add a lot to the article, showing how important these games are to the players.

• Doug
    September 06, 2011 - 12:10

Mount Pearl made the mistake that so many teams make in tight situations. When they took the lead, they went into a defensive shell playing "not to lose" rather than pushing for a second goal to seal the win. For long stretches of the second overtime period, Mount Pearl never had anyone much higher than the 18 yard box allowing Holy Cross to all but one defender deep into the attack. If this was a deliberate strategy instituted by the coach, then it was an even bigger mistake than some of the poor substitutions.

• Pearl Fan
    September 06, 2011 - 08:00

My team lost, but that does not diminish the entertainment and excitement of the day. I only paid $5 to spend a glorious Sunday afternoon watching two teams battle hard. It was not a game of possession or finesse. It was more punt it, chase it, and win the ball through brute force! Well played by both sides! Congratulations Holy Cross! Represent us well at Nationals and do us proud!