Comments

Comments

• david
    April 22, 2013 - 12:14

Mr. Short: I find it interesting that, as an overzealous shill for Danny Williams' efforts to bring AHL hockey to SJ ---- for purely selfish professional reasons, which is completely above board and rational ----- you clearly have a kinship with His Majesty in your approach to criticism. That is, using the thin-skinned, "you're all a bunch of idiots" attitude. Inexplicably, it continues to work for His Highness, but I doubt it has made you any fans announcing it yourself......perhaps when the IceCaps pick up and move on to their next 'mark', you can stick with them. That might be your best bet for getting those "few more years" to which you think you are entitled.

• Davids Conscience
      April 22, 2013 - 16:03

Still woking hard on being the leader of the chorus.

• HockeyFan
    April 22, 2013 - 10:45

Just submitting a comment to confirm what HOCKEYDAD stated...the DUMBASS hat was a way to lighten up the dressing room...not to point anyone out for having a bad game. As a matter of fact I believe the coach may have awarded the HAT to himself once or twice...Just thought I should clarify.

• HockeyDad
    April 21, 2013 - 14:20

Loved the dumbass-hat! My son played on that team, "won" the dumbass award on more than one occasion and even chose himself to wear it to school the next day with pride. But you got it wrong - it wasn't for a bad game, it was tongue-in-cheek for any type of error - like tripping over the blueline or forgetting one of your elbow pads at a practice. The boys in the dressing room got a big kick out of it, as they did for everything this coach brought to the room all season. If you asked my son I'm sure he'd tell you it was his best year of minor hockey yet.

• Andy
    April 20, 2013 - 19:32

Robin...keep up the good work! (no clever troll sarcasm intended).

• david
      April 21, 2013 - 16:46

A Freudian gem in the weeds. Thanks for the smile!

• david
    April 20, 2013 - 12:08

Boo hoo. No......just boo. And you're no Steve Kelley.