Lots of coffee purchased on Camp Day

Staff ~ The Telegram

Photo by Joe Gibbons/The Telegram

Among some 3,400 Tim Hortons outlets across Canada and the United States, store owners, staff and customers celebrated Camp Day today. The day is set aside each year when store owners donate every penny from coffee sales to the Tim Horton Children's Foundation to help send almost 14,000 kids - who could otherwise not afford it - on the camping adventure of a lifetime. All children, from ages 9-12, who attend one of the foundation's six 10-day summer and seven-day winter camps are selected from within the communities where Tim Hortons stores are located.
The Tim Hortons Children's Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization founded in 1974, is committed to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for those selected children. Since 1975, more than 120,000 children and youth have attended a foundation camp and, in 2009, Camp Day raised more than $9.4 million CDN ($8.5 million U.S.). Among staff at the Village Mall Tim Hortons location helping out with a Camp Day fundraising bakesale was store employee Denise Dunn.

Organizations: Tim Hortons

Geographic location: United States, Canada, Tim Horton Children Tim Hortons Children

Comments

Comments

• Good
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Isn't this the same scumbag company that fired a pregnant woman for offering a very young child a free timbit? I thought so.

They then backed the manager who did this until the public outcry (including US television) made them give the girl her job back. The scumbag manager still works there.

They can have all of the camps they want. They're not getting a dime from me.

• Driver
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I expect we'll see the results of that campaign along the sides of every highway, road, and lane between Pouch Cove and Port aux Basques.

• Busy Bayman
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

Driver, we don't need a camp day to see that. I'm sure they didn't sell much more coffee today then they have on aregular day. I'd like to see the numbers for NL alone. No doubt it would amaze alot of people.

• letter rip
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

ill try my best

• Chris
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Driver, your an idiot!

• Good
    July 01, 2010 - 20:24

They can have all of the camps they want. They're not getting a dime from me.

• Driver