Comments

Comments

• Mike
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

An excellent coach, well deserved write up. A blessing for Newfoundland Rugby.

• Justin
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Bas and Parfrey are a good match....ignorant and foul mouthed...just the ones you want handling your kids!

• Well
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Justin,

I think you mean to use the word rude and not ignorant. Someone who is lacking in education is ignorant. You seem to mean to use the word rude, but in misusing the word ignorant, you have proven that of yourself.

Nice article on Bas. The nicest part of it is that it is Frank Deacy's legacy living on someone he recruited to help organize things.

Rugby has the best organization by far of any sport in the province. It competes at a higher level than any other sport in the province also. It's the contributions of people like this who so many people don't know about that makes the province competitive.

I hope they all keep up the great work. It would be nice to see rugby start at a much younger age in the province.

• Mark
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Ignorant is a word I would use for someone who makes a comment without knowing the subject, not one I would use for Dr. Parfrey and Bas who have been involved in the game and helping kids for the better part of 20 years.

• Seth
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Foul mouthed? Sometimes, when the situation calls for it, but ignorant? Absolutely not. I've learned more in the way of teamwork and responsability from Pat and Bas over the past few years than I ever could have without them.

• Justin
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

To Well Done....I agree with the reference to Mr. Deacy. He was the one who brought class to the teams that Parfrey coached. And by the way, if rude is the best word to use to characterize the ignorance of Parfrey and Bas, I'm fine with that.

• Justin
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Mark, I know the subject as well as Bas and Pat. And yes, they are both ignorant and neither fits the bill as suitable coaches for children and youth, 18 years of age and under. They can curse and grunt at the adults all they want.

• Mark
    July 20, 2010 - 13:02

Following in the footsteps of his father Jim who gave time, money and energy to the development of softball and baseball in CBS. A family of great sports fans who walk the talk.
    Well done Bas and Jim before him.