Comments

Comments

• Bertram Newman
    February 26, 2013 - 01:36

Loves da 'ockey

• Edmund
    February 25, 2013 - 21:44

Contrary to Left Winger's comment Ryan Clowe showed a lot of class in picking up for his teammate who was checked from behind face first into the boards. At least he had the guts to stick up for his teammate when noone else on the ice did. You cannot let cheap shot guys like Shaw get away with stuff like that. If I was the coach i would expect that every player on the Sharks team would chip in and make a contribution to pay back the money to Clowe, that would be the honorable thing to do on a good close knit hockey team. Nice to know someone has your back when dirty hits like the one Shaw threw can end a career. You had to have played the game to understand that. Obviously left winger has not and should not comment as he is way out in left field. Clowe can play on my team any day.

• Left Winger
      February 26, 2013 - 09:08

I never made it to NHL but spent 6plus yrs playing in Finland & Sweden & now scout.Being in more then a few on ice incidents myself & sticking up for my mates..I still had to answer to the rules of the game.Clowe jumped on the ice to engage Shaw.The Shark players on the ice were responsible to take care of affiars.

• Brad
      February 26, 2013 - 10:54

"never made it to NHL but spent 6plus yrs playing in Finland & Sweden & now scout" That explains it right there. Go back to watching your Eurotrash hockey and leave the big boy hockey to the real fans.

• Edmund
      February 26, 2013 - 14:52

left winger, Clowe was on the ice as he had already come off the bench as an extra player for the goalie who had left the ice. You should pay more attention to what is happening during the game, especially as you say you are/were a scout. Even if he came off the bench to pick up for his teammate he did the honorable thing in North America hockey especially if his on ice mates could not or would not take up for their linemate. I spent 12 years playing University and Senior hockey and that is how we played, as a family, looking after one another and then coached for 4 years where I made sure the players knew how to stick up for each other, so I guess we will agree to disagree on how to watch out for our buddies. What Pee Wee hockey team did you say you scouted for???

• Left Winger
    February 25, 2013 - 19:12

No class Clowe!! He is lucky he should have got 10 games.