Comments

Comments

• Sean Tobin
    June 06, 2013 - 20:43

I've had the pleasure of knowing Rod for a number of years and working with him in the St. John's Minor Hockey Program. Rod has that rare ability to connect with everyone he meets. When you coach Midget hockey players it can be challenging to get both their respect and friendship. Rod does it with ease. I believe they are lucky to have him. Our great game is much better for his continued commitment.

• rosey hussey
    May 13, 2013 - 14:23

god love and bless you both always ,keep smiling♥

• Peggy
    May 12, 2013 - 12:41

Mere words are inadequate to express how I feel about your son. I cannot even begin to fathom your overwhelming daily heartache for Matthew, even more so because of the absolute senseless tragic way he went to Heaven. It is very unselfish of you to carry on with the hockey at Twin Rinks. Some of these children may be from a single parent home, or have a father away in the Forces, or working in another Province, etc., and you're helping them more than you realize. Even trying to deal with your own personal grief, you are a blessing to others. I'm sure Matthew knows because he is your Angel.

• Michelle
    May 12, 2013 - 11:14

This left me with a lump in my throat. One day at a time, guys.

• Bob
    May 11, 2013 - 20:01

I have never met you guys before. But, after having read this touching story I just had to say big big hello to you guys from my fiancé and I here in Alberta. I am from the rock but da missus is from Alberta. Absolutely broke our hearts reading this story. There is no doubt in any readers minds that read this story, about the type of down to earth, salt of the earth folks you are. God Bless you, from the bottom of our hearts.

• Gail Tobin
    May 11, 2013 - 17:37

A beautiful article indeed......very touching. Warmest regards to you all.

• Steve Marshall
    May 11, 2013 - 10:05

A beautiful article about wonderful people.....let's get those jerseys back up on the ceiling at Twin Rinks. Steve

• Don
    May 11, 2013 - 09:19

My heart goes out to these people. We (who a have children) never realize how fortunate we are until we read something like this.

• Yvonne