Comments

Comments

• John
    July 02, 2010 - 13:33

Here's an idea to ensure that this does not happen again. A Mayor who accepts the job must also accept the fact that he or she must complete the time frame as well, unless of course something happens to cause an impossibility to do so. For instance sickness, an unusual accident, and other such happenings. But certainly not to be available for any other job the Mayor decides he would like. He signs on for 4 years. So be it.

• dave
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

Too bad Hobo Bill is no more. Anyone would be better than the bought bozos on the scene now working for the developers.

• Gerry
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

Do Not Worrie, There Will Be Some School Teacher Or Lawyer Who Cannot Make It In The Real World Who Needs To Subisadise His Or Her Salery Or Maby A Real Estate Person Out Of Bankrupt, And That Has Beed A Big Problum For St Johns,I Would Vote For Shanny Duff Personally.

• Brad
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

Hope Dennis OKeefe dont get the jop, he dont know whats on the go. I think he would be the worst for the job

• Dave
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

RE: Pierre's Comment

Well, he managed to log onto the internet...

By the way, it's 'too' bad, not 'to' bad. I guess your spell checker is on the fritz as well.

• jim
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

DENNIS O'KEEFE IS THE PERSON FOR THE JOB AS MAYOR. MR. ELSEWORTH RESIGN FROM COUNCIL AND GO HOME AND STAY THEIR PLEASE. YOU ARE NO BENIFIT TO THE RESIDENTS OF ST. JOHN'S IN ANY POSITION ON COUNCIL

• Pierre
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

Hey Gerry, you don't need to capitalize every word! To bad they don't have spell check on this. Before you bash everybody, what do you do in the real world?

• Bill
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

I hope Jaks Harris runs for the Mayors seat. He will do a job and he knows how to be a leader and maybe there will be some order at the meetings.:).

• maurice
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

First-of-all : I am not a resident of St.Johns but, I spend alot of time there,{daily}, I`ve allways watched the City Council meetings & from what my friends & I have seen , Mr.Dennis Okeefe,would be the Best Bet ,for: St.Johns. I think 'he has his head screwed on right!' Go Dennis,Go!

• John
    July 01, 2010 - 20:21

• dave
    July 01, 2010 - 20:20

• Gerry
    July 01, 2010 - 20:19

• Brad
    July 01, 2010 - 20:12

• Dave
    July 01, 2010 - 20:10

RE: Pierre's Comment

Well, he managed to log onto the internet...

• jim