Police to be honoured

Staff ~ The Telegram

Four members of the police in this province will receive the Order of Merit of the Police Forces on Friday at Rideau Hall in Ottawa.

Gov. Gen. Michaelle Jean will present the prestigious award, which recognizes remarkable and extraordinary service from Canadian police forces, to RCMP Insp. Frederic Leigh Des Rouches and RCMP Staff Sgt. Roy H. E. Hill, both of St. John's, RCMP Staff Sgt. George Frederick Heber Noseworthy of Port Saunders, and Royal Newfoundland Constabulary Insp. John Clifton House of St. John's.

The four members are receiving the award for local/regional service.

Twenty-five other members and five officers from across Canada will also receive the merit award.

Organizations: RCMP, Newfoundland Constabulary Insp. John Clifton House

Geographic location: St. John's, Ottawa, Port Saunders Canada

Comments

Comments

• Am I Dumb Today ?
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

'Twenty-five other members and five officers from across Canada will also...'

Five more officers, but also twenty-five other members ? Members ? Twenty-five non-officers ? Members of what then ?

• Bradley
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

Yes Am I you am. It says Twenty five other members from across Canada will also recieve the award. Congratulations to all of them

• Peggy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:29

I'd take the total getting this honour
    as thirty others; however, this ridiculous issue didn't even enter my mind until I got down to the two comments.
    First thing that came to my mind was how wonderful and I wanted to congratulate them.

• Am I Dumb Today ?
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

Bradley why does it say 25 members and 5 officers ? Were the other 25 members not officers ? Because it specifically says in the very same sentence there were also 5 officers honoured. You're with me then, dumb too. It's ambiguous. The syntax is flawed in this article. That's my point. You missed it. That would make you even dumber wouldn't it ? Oh well...

• Charlie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

I say those other members were civilian members thats why they say 5 officers,interesting theres so many more civilians being honored then actual officers.

• Am I Dumb Today ?
    July 01, 2010 - 20:23

'Twenty-five other members and five officers from across Canada will also...'

• Bradley