Comments

Comments

• Denise
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Congratulations Barb ! I can confidently say as a former resident of High Level that if I was ever in need of a firefighter, I'd be extremely comforted to know Barb was on the force. You go Girl ! Show'em what you can do !

• DON
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

DON FROM GOOSE BAY.

LIZ, THERE IS A LOT OF WOMEN OUT THERE AS WELL THAT CAN'T BOIL WATER, THEY JUST DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USE TO

• Barb
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

Don't worry Don, I'm a wonderful cook and baker, I can keep my Hubby happy, raise my kids, keep a clean home and save lives..all in a days work. They make em better than they used to!!! I am VERY good at everything I do!

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words. I am looking forward to being a part of the SBFD team!

• speedy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Well said Don, you sound like you don't think females should be in the fire department, hope Barb don't decide to move to Goose Bay.

• Elizabeth
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

Congratulations to you Barb. I think it's time for the public sector to wake up and smell the coffee. Just because you are female doesn't mean you are not capable of doing the work. There are a lot of males out there that can't boil water. All the best to you in your career.

• NEWFOUNDLANDER
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

Congratulations, Barb,
    Don't men know that any thing a man can do a woman can do better, what is the problem.

YOU GO GIRL.

• Frances
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

I don't understand why an organization would turn down a willing VOLUNTEER. I think it's very commendable that this lady has offered her services VOLUNTARILY. Congratulations Barb and thank you. The world needs more people like you.

• liz
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

Yeah, those men need to get over it. A highly trained and skilled worker should be welcomed with open arms.

• Michelle
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Congratulations Barb, and I know exactly where you are coming from. I worked in a male dominated career for quite a while in my early 20s, and until I proved myself to all these men, they were hesitant about having a young girl working with them, but they all got over it and I'm sure the men out there will too.

• Sues
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

Kudos to Barb for not giving up on her dream... If my house was on fire, I would not care if it was a woman or man fighting the fire and I would definitely appreciate an experienced firefighter. Knowing Barb, and her previous experience, I am sure she will be a wonderful asset to the department... Good luck ...

• Denise