Comments

Comments

• sean
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

is anybody sport fishing halibut there? sport fishing charters for halibut are HUGE in BC and alaska, and provide a much better return per pound of fish. might be a nice business niche to promote.

• DB
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Bones, I have seen bigger ones come through a fish plant that I work at as a teen.If memory serves me correct it was close on 500lbs.Bring on the frying pan or the deep fryer.

• Stan
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

More on this in The Georgian.

• Peter
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Wow, nice fish boys and girls!!!

• Driver
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

I bet that's one toxic speciman

• George
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Back about 20 year ago two friends and I bought one from a dragger operator who caught it in the Straits of Belle Isle near Cooks Harbour. It was 380 lbs. It completely covered the pan of a full size pickup. Some say these big ones are not as good as the samll ones, but the one we had was absolutely fabulous. The difference is that you cannot get the shape of a traditional halibut steak. You could I guess, but you'd need an oil drum size frying pan to grill it!!

The year after the 380 pounder we had a small one, only 200 lbs. Alas the dragger fishery for ground fish went to not and good bye to the chance for a big halibut!!

• Lee
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

MAN WHAT A FISH! Good on ye by's, and girl. Great Pic.

• hungrynow
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Holy moses... break out the salt and vinegar!!!!

• Dave
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Look at the mouth on that trout

• Bones II
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

Holy! I had no idea that these could get so big. Is this the biggest ever caught off our coast? I remember a seeing a giant codfish when I was a kid.....the fillets were around 40lbs a piece! I remember chasing my brother with giant cod tongue trying to slap him with it, lol.

• sean
    July 01, 2010 - 20:24

• DB
    July 01, 2010 - 20:23

• Stan
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

More on this in The Georgian.

• Peter
    July 01, 2010 - 20:15

Wow, nice fish boys and girls!!!

• Driver
    July 01, 2010 - 20:08

I bet that's one toxic speciman

• George
    July 01, 2010 - 20:07

• Lee
    July 01, 2010 - 20:05

MAN WHAT A FISH! Good on ye by's, and girl. Great Pic.

• hungrynow
    July 01, 2010 - 20:04

Holy moses... break out the salt and vinegar!!!!

• Dave