Comments

Comments

• Jimmy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

These buildings should be sprinklered to stop or slow down the spread of fire until firefighters get there. As nice as they are, these old breathable buildings are so dry it wouldn't take much for fire to destroy it. Do we have to wait until lives are lost before something is done?

• Bones II
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

I wonder what the green liquid was and if it is present in any other building around the area?

• C
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

Perhaps we shouldn't allowed certain types of activities to take place in these heritage buildings, or to supervise these activities with a bit more scrutiny given the nature of these being historic buildings.

• tom
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I think the time has come to reexamine all this zealous heritage construction stuff before people are killed. after the old fire buildings were just slapped up and are nothing but death traps lucky this fire didnt start at 2:00am.this city is going backwards and time to move forward in design of new buildings.

• GNL
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

It's good to know that no one was hurt. I feel sorry for Andrew though. To go through the fire in 2005 and now this one, it's pretty terrible. I hope he can get back on his feet quickly. Maybe it's time to move to a different location.

• Diana Leadbeater
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

This was so sad to watch. I watched it from the very start via the Nubody's gym window and then well into the night on the ground. Got lots of photos and video. Such a shame since he had just renovated.

• well
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

its good to know no one was hurt , but look at the good side when it comes to Water st we got another parking lot.
    Funny it seems every thing that goes wrong down there turns into a parking lot, and i will add not free parking either.

• shack23
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

Andrew, I was at supper last night a couple of blocks away , and couldn't help feel for you. when I heard of the location of the fire. You are an entrepreneur and will rise again from the ashes . All the best and hopefully damage is not too severe.

• Bonnie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

I've been a semi regular customer of Andrew's for more more than a year and I was sitting on the edge of my seat last night trying to find out what was going on. I hope that he can rebuild his business and that the damage isn't too bad.

• Jimmy