Comments

Comments

• Jim
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

Down with the pro-development bourgeoisie! Do not accept this result! I urge each and every one of you to protest the Bill Fagan regime by all peaceful means at your disposal!

March on town hall and demand to have your voice heard!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!!!

• Proud Resident
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

Give Mr. Collins some credit - he did a pretty good job - no Mayor is going to please everyone but lets face it, it was time for a change.

It's just too bad that there weren't some younger people running for counsel though - fresh new minds, fresh new ideas instead of the bunch of senior citizens we now have for a counsel. Old age...Old ways...looks like our town will be stuck in a time warp for another while.

• Tracy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

I agree with Kathy up above me ^^

So there's a new council GREAT finally someone can start looking out for the better of the community instead. Hopefully no more missing money. Remember these are the majority votes, no matter by how small a margin. Anyone who is upset with the results should get over it and move on. We'll see what the next 4 years hold in store. No coalition this time. I know there is one candidate who didn't even put up signs, slander campaigns or anything. These people deserved to win.

• sharon
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

Wow , This is Quite an upset for our council not necessarily for the better ,some of the people I voted for , & some in my opinion do not fit the bill. They have there own agenda to achieve & not necessarily the towns best interest.

• SANDRA
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

I cant imagine having a mayor run a town, against which, so many staff have had issues or conflicts with ...if municipal affairs had their work cut out for them before, they certainly will be reconsidereing their previous decision now by not ousting him from council when they had their chance in the first place....if I were the minister of Municipal Affairs i would certainly be biting my nails right about now!

• Kathy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Wonderful. All claim to be unconnected, unsponsored candidates.

Though Fagan certainly doesn't have the full support of the community (a 1% margin on the next contender, with just 40% of the total vote is hardly a resounding victory) he is the mayor and deserves the support of Council and the Town staff.

Now: Can we all start to get along, or is this fractured town just going to find something else to bicker about?

• sandra
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

and to tracy above....if you had been so dilegent enough to do your homework, and research council minutes and requested the town's financial goings on, you would be properly informed....the towns financial affairs are i perfect standing, i know because, i, like you had questions and sought answers....and got them....EUREKA!!!

• Time will tell
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Although I am not 100% happy with the turnout of the election , I am very happy that we have some independent minds now working for us. I hope change will come and that although our community is not 100% happy with our new mayor outcome ( very close call) we can depend on a focused council to to have our backs in any case.

• Jim
    July 01, 2010 - 20:25

March on town hall and demand to have your voice heard!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!!!

• Proud Resident
    July 01, 2010 - 20:20

• Tracy
    July 01, 2010 - 20:19

I agree with Kathy up above me ^^

• sharon
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

• SANDRA
    July 01, 2010 - 20:12

• Kathy
    July 01, 2010 - 20:06

Wonderful. All claim to be unconnected, unsponsored candidates.

• sandra