Breaking: Police searching for man following high-speed chase

Staff ~ The Telegram

Police search for a suspect after a chase in St. John's this evening. photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

Police in St. John's are currently searching for a man following a reported high-speed chase that ended in the west end of the city.
A car believed to be involved in the chase was just towed away from the rear entrance of the Village Shopping Centre, where it was ditched after a chase.
Officers then chased the man on foot to a wooded area across Columbus Drive from the mall, where a police dog got involved with the search.
At the moment there are officers and dogs searching the area of Anspach Avenue.
More details will be posted as they become available.

Geographic location: St. John's, Columbus Drive, Anspach Avenue

Comments

Comments

• Donny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

I didn't see jack but let me guess: The car was a Sunfire or Cavalier with expired tags? The driver, on probation, wore a white baseball cap on sideways, tattoos on his neck, baggy pants around his arse, a beater shirt and sneakers?

• Lesleigh
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

I hope they catch whoever was in that car. They almost hit me and my step-dad as we were driving.

• j
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

i think you hit the nail on the head DONNY...furthermore, i would bet money that when all is said and done, he will be given probation again so he can continue his career in crime. here's an idea...ask for 12 volunteers ( similar to a jury) and give them an hour in a secured room with him...verdict rendered, justice served...case closed...waste of space!

• Donny