Comments

Comments

• Ashley
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

As a student of Mr. Sutton, I can say on behalf of all of us that Clarence was an inspiring man. He believed in every individual, although many did not believe in themselves. He never made anyone feel left out if they did not want to participate and always encouraged students to do their best. Mr. Sutton is an idol among the students of St. Kevin's and I am honored to have him teach me last year. Basketball has lost one of it's key members as it was one thing that Mr. Sutton lived for. We all love him and know that god must have needed an angel like him to stand beside him. God bless friends and family of the deceased and I hope everyone realizes what a powerful man Clarence was.

• John
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

I am completely shocked to hear that Clarence Sutton has died. I basically knew CLarence through basketball and as a casual aquaintance around Memorial University. I think John is right in saying that off the court you would never say he was such a talent on the court but he was.

I remember playing 3 on 3 against Clarence at MUN and sometimes I would almost beat him but when the game was on the line he always seemed to know what your next move would be. He would make the stop and promply sink the winning basket. He reminded of another great athlete and person who we lost at a very young age and that was Dickie Power.

It is unfortunate because I am sure he still had a lot to give to the development of the sport in Newfoundland. My condolences to the family and the basketball community in Newfoundland.

John Poirier

• Bonnie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

John said it all....Clarence was a great man and I have many memories of him. He will be missed. I'm blessed to say I've known him. Thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.

• Ashley