Sheshatshiu man critical after boy playing with lighter ignites house

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A 22-year old man has been hospitalized and remains in critical condition following a house fire in Sheshatshiu. The fire was started at about 6:45 a.m. yesterday.
The RCMP has stated the fire was accidentally caused by a young boy who was playing with a lighter. The home has been destroyed.
Police said the man has severe burns and lost consciousness in the blaze. RCMP Sgt. Wayne Newell said arrangements are being made to transfer to the Health Sciences Centre for further treatment.
The child escaped the blaze uninjured and Child, Youth and Family Services have since been called in on the case.

Organizations: RCMP, Health Sciences Centre, Youth and Family Services

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments