Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram
A firefighter with the St. John's Regional Fire Department removes a water hose from a home on Burrage Avenue in Mount Pearl this morning. Firefighters were called to the scene when a neighbour noticed smoke coming from the home. There were no people at home but a family cat was found unresponsive and subsequently revived by the firefighters. A second cat escaped through an open window. The house suffered moderate damage with the fire being confined to a basement area near a wood stove.