Comments

Comments

• Member of the 80%
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Funny how they will raise money for Haiti, yet look at a crumbling peice of drywall for years, while waiting for housing to come and fix it.

• Chris
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

How Dare You !!! Its pretty obvious that you are indeed a home owner like myself, but having an upbringing in housing I can vouch for the 95% of the residents who in fact do not cause trouble in their communities and are indeed law abiding citizens who have just had a bit of bad luck in their time. Many of whom are raising their families quite successfully despite being critized by people like you as leeches who bring down our society. With the housing markets goin through the roof and afforable housing being scarce, especially in the metro St. John's region, most people in this situation are not left with much choice but to live in either NL or City of St. John's housing. Now considering this isn't the best circumstance to be in, these residents who donated money towards the cause have instead of showing apathy like yourself, have excerised their feelings of empathy and have proven that although they might not be well of, that there is always someone who is in even worse circumstances. If the residents choose to donate with whatever money they might have, then thats not your business to criticize. You might say that your part of the 80% of NL, but if you ask me your part of the very small percentage of people who should be frowned upon in our society, not the tenants of the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation.

• L
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

Oh Member of the 80%: I hear ya!!!I waited 4 years for them to fix my from door!!!

• Member of the 80%