Local group takes over Humber Valley Resort

Staff ~ Transcontinental Media

Corner Brook -

A consortium of local companies has purchased the assets of the Humber Valley Resort.

Noton Enterprises Limited, 61839 Newfoundland and Labrador Limited (a numbered company), and Oke Consultants Limited are the identified members of the partnership, which intends to operate and manage the resort under a new corporate entity - Humber Valley Resort Corporation (2010).

At a press announcement at the resort today, Katie Watton, public relations director, read a prepared statement on behalf of the consortium, which includes Gary Oke, managing director of operations, and her husband Graham Watton, who is the group's general counsel.

It was mentioned at the announcement there are other partners involved, but nobody else was identified, and Watton said he was only involved in looking after all corporate and legal affairs.

Organizations: Humber Valley Resort, Newfoundland and Labrador

Geographic location: Corner Brook

Comments

Comments

• thegoulie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

Knowing the prople who are buying / involved in this property like I do, be prepared its not the last we will hear about this situation.....just hope that none of my tax dollars go into this.....I dont like supporting that kind of element.

• craig
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

Craig from Torbay. Great to see the Locals step up.I think I join all Newfoundlanders on wishing them luck in their new venture.Humber Valley with all its troubles has been instrimental in helping put Western NL on the map and will be a positive force in the region in the future.

• Pat
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

I don't think people will be jumping for joy.
    I can see Gary running the golf course, but the the others mentioned, I'm not so sure.

• David
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

Except for Oke, no names.....so we won't know who receives the government largesse.

'Proudly Newfoundland!'...but not so much that we want our identities revealed.

• thegoulie
    July 01, 2010 - 20:18

• craig
    July 01, 2010 - 20:09

• Pat
    July 01, 2010 - 19:58

I don't think people will be jumping for joy.

• David
    July 01, 2010 - 19:56

'Proudly Newfoundland!'...but not so much that we want our identities revealed.