Corner Brook man dies in hospital from injuries suffered in a fire on March 10

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A 62-year-old man passed away Friday evening while being treated for injuries at the Health Sciences Centre as a result of a residential fire that occurred on Wheeler's Road in Corner Brook on March 10.
Emergency Services from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, Corner Brook Fire Department and Western Memorial Regional Hospital responded to a residence on Wheeler's Road after neighbours in the area reported a man injured from a fire inside the residence.
RNC Fire Investigator's have been investigating the fire and have determined that the fire was accidental in nature. The probable cause was a result of the dryer vent hose overheating due to buildup of lint, causing fire to surrounding combustible materials.
The dryer unit was examined and there was no fault found in the appliance.

Organizations: Wheeler's, Health Sciences Centre, Corner Brook Fire Department Western Memorial Regional Hospital

Geographic location: Corner Brook

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments