Comments

Comments

• Rachel Harris
    June 16, 2011 - 11:07

I didn't know that open fires were called chimineas. That is quite interesting. I LOVE myfireplace. It is indoors, but this article makes me want to get a chiminea. That would be so fun in the summer, we could stay up all night and stay around the fire. Then we would smell like camp fire all of the time! Thanks for this great article!

• b
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Willie Hunt got a point...next thing ya know we won't be allowed to have patio heaters, scented candle etc. BRING ON DA BARREL!!

• Jerome
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

My hillbilly neighbour 2 doors up uses one of these outdoor firepits in downtown St. John's. He cooks everything from caplin to burning residential garbage. When he does burn wood it's usually the sopping wet birch from the Irving gas station or scraps of pressure treated lumber he scrounges off the street. Every night during the summer he has this going, smoking out the street. Can't open my window, the misses can't use the clothesline and I have to turn the air exchanger. Now, I'm a tolerant man and I too likes a drink by the fire. I would not be so offended if he invited me over for a beer and some of that caplin.

• Fishermans Wife
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

I enjoy reading the paper online, and the comments are usually half interesting, often narrow minded, sometimes insightful and thought provoking. These however, were just downright AWESOME! Funny, entertaining, had my husband and I laughing over our morning coffee. And yes, we do have a fire pit out back......where many the cold one will be drank again this summer.

• Willie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

There's no such thing as seasoned wood and if you had to wait for the winds to die down you would never have one. Down this way we pile up a bit of garbage in the old barrel and lite her up. The neighbours always take there clothes in off the line and turn off there air machines like they should. Theres nothing like a feed of kippers or planking a salmon outdoors.

Willie Hunt
    Pouch Cove NL

• Da by's
    July 02, 2010 - 13:08

Ah by, ya don't know what yer missin. Me and da by's, we gets a few pickets off the neighbers fence, a bucket of gas and hup she goes. A cupla doze Blue and a laugh by all. We makes it up to da neighber and tosses da empties behind his shed, to pay fer da pickets I mean. What da frig is a chiminea?

• b