St. John's fire crews make quick work of chimney fire in centre city

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Firefighters walk on the roof of a house on Shaw Street Sunday afternoon after a chimney fire. The house had minor smoke damage and some damage when firefighters tore out parts of the ceiling and floor to access the fire. Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

Investigators have begun their standard probe into a chimney fire in the centre of the city this afternoon.
Crews with the St. John's Regional Fire Department were called to the Shaw Street home after the owners returned to find the chimney from the wood stove in the basement on fire.
Acting Capt. Greg Cox said crews doused the fire quickly from the roof and there was little damage save for where crews had to pull down part of an upstairs ceiling.
The house is quite old, but Cox couldn't say what condition the chimneys were in when the fire started.

Geographic location: St. John's, Shaw Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments