Comments

Comments

• Mandy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

This is my Dad and I've never been more proud of him than I am today! He's a model citizen in our community and I'm glad to see a good news peice in the paper celebrating that. I agree with another reader's comments about the priorities our governments have sometimes - right now we're spending over $1 billion on the G20 Summit in Toronto and my Dad has to walk in the rain to try to raise 10% for a fire truck to keep the citizens of my home community safe. GO DAD!!!!

• Busy Bayman
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

Donny, grow up by!!

• Graham
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

I think Donny Dooleys problem is the fact that he allready takes way too many pills allready. Too bad that in a HAVE PROVINCE we still need to be doing things like this to get the equipment we need to save peoples lives. This truck should be funded 100% NOT 90%. Take the money out of the Williams Family Trust Fund. Its been sitting there for years doing very little to help anyone.

• wayne
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

I wish i had your courage Rob....go get 'em....Vi and I luvs ya. br Donny......take a pill

• Donna
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Donny? You're an idiot.

• Donny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

If the government won't pay the entire cost for a new firetruck for this area it probably means they don't need one. br It's not like there's a big demand for fire services in that area. Be happy with the equipment you have and stop looking for handouts! Other communities are using a lot less!

• Politically Incorrect
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

It seems slightly obscene that fire departments and SAR units have to beg for equipment for the welfare of all citizens, while our government spends billions furnishing our armed forces to fight corporate Americas wars. So give these communities the equipment they need and let Hillier run his guns.

• Bob
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

You keep those feet in motion, Rob, my friend. WE look forward to meeting you as you enter Northern Arm in a couple of weeks.

• Busy Bayman
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

Sounds like Mr. Fisher is one cool cat. Good on him. And I know this is no easy task. Might sound like walking that far will be easy but it is far from it. If he plans on making the journey in 2 weeks that involves walking more than 30k per day, a 6 hr walk (the average male walks between 5-6 kph). Huge huge feat and I applaud him for it!!! I'll sure make my donation!!

• Mandy