Comments

Comments

• Hetty
    July 02, 2010 - 13:33

The Rooms isn't so bad, but have you tried getting into the GEO Centre lately? Just to go in and stroll around costs more than going to the movies....

• debbie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

It's free the first saturday of every month and wednesday nights from 6:30-9:30

• Anne
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Jaysun, give up one of your vices such as take out, smokes, beer or video game once a month and use the litte money to visit the Rooms instead? That's not all that hard is it? God almighty, the Telegram is a whiner magnet for sure and we haven't even heard from Nate Nate, our resident neanderthal yet ...

• S
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Jaysun - The rooms offers one night a week where there are no entrance fee's, I believe it is Wednesdays. Free for all!

• cantaffordfree?
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

Gee Jaysun you must be in some hard shape if you cant afford the free admission after 6pm on Wednesdays or the first Saturday of each month.......

• Nancie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

At $7.50 for adults and $5 for kids, I think the admission prices for The Rooms are an absolute STEAL. Museums elsewhere charge much, much more than that.

• Michelle
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Jaysun, I agree that the entrance fees are formidable. However, you may be happy to find that admission is free every Wednesday night from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Also, the first Saturday of every month from November to May there is no charge for admission. Children 5 and under are always admitted free too. (Source: www.therooms.ca) Hope this information encourages more people to visit.

• Stephen M
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

I wonder what ever happen to the Navy Museum that used tobe at the Murray Premises and the Old War Museum that was in the Confederation building? I know most of you are to young to remember them but they did have a lot of artifacts and models of old ships.

• Jaysun
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

It would be nice if The Rooms was open to more people. Why can't someone donate money so that the entrance fees are cut in half? I find that it's too expensive to go there with my spouse and four children. A shame, really.

• Hetty