ALC terminals working again after morning technical delays

Staff ~ The Telegram

This morning was a frustrating one for employees of the Atlantic Lottery Corporation (ALC) and people looking to check and see if they were millionaires.
All across Atlantic Canada this morning there was a delay in starting up the automated machines that check and confirm whether lottery tickets are winners.
According to a spokeswoman for ALC there was a technical issue with the machines, though she's not sure whether it was software or hardware related.
The machines were once again operational by mid-day and technical staff are checking to see what happened with the machines, she says.
People looking to cash in on a record jackpot last night were still able to purchase tickets up until the draw time.

Organizations: Atlantic Lottery Corporation

Geographic location: Atlantic Canada

Comments

Comments

• david
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

I'm starting to not trust ALC when it comes to these mega draws. How many tickets have been sold in the last 2 weeks alone and still not one picked the 7 magic numbers!! I know the chances are slim but there were millions of tickets sold and yet very few and megar winners....I like it when the draw was public and a manual process not from a computer...

• p
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

well OLG apparently had the winning numbers pnline waaaaayyy b4 ALC did ....thats how i check my numbers now especially with the big jacpots

• j
    July 02, 2010 - 13:08

the computer wanted to pick a jackpot winner from somewhere other than ONT., the good people at ALC had to fix it.

• david