Fewer, Harvey win Tely Ten

Staff ~ The Telegram

Runners stream down Topsail Road Sunday morning during the 82nd running of the Tely Ten. Photo by Gary Hebbard/The Telegram

Colin Fewer raced to his fifth victory in the Tely Ten road race today. Meanwhile, Lisa Harvey was the fastest woman across the line, and won her fourth consecutive Tely Ten.
Participants said that the soggy Newfoundland weather made for good, cool running conditions.
A record number registered for the 82nd running of the 10 mile race.

Geographic location: Newfoundland

Comments

Comments

• Tina
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Way to Colin.... 5 years in a row. I ran the race as well and all I could think of at the finish line was confirming that you had won again.. Amazing....

• Jana
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

This was my first time watching the Tely 10 and while I enjoyed it I think this is one time where St. John's could learn a lesson from Corner Brook on how to control the movement of the people lining the route (especially the last stretch to the finish line!) It was ridiculas to see so many people cross the road while runners were approaching the finish line. At one point one runner was almost physically knocked over by pedestrians as she tried to weave her way through the crowd crossing the road. A suggestion for next year...more security keeping people up off of the curb and have designated crossing areas with security on each side of the road to ensure safety for all. Other than that...excellent race!

• Brad
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

Congrats Colin ... another great race! Let's make it 6 in a row for 2010!

• Tina
    July 01, 2010 - 20:23

• Jana
    July 01, 2010 - 20:01

• Brad
    July 01, 2010 - 19:45

Congrats Colin ... another great race! Let's make it 6 in a row for 2010!