Tourism Minister Terry French was in Conception Bay South this morning to launch the province's latest tourism ad.
"Magic," highlights the Gros Morne National Park.
French said that he believes the ads, running since 2006, have been a major factor in transforming the province's tourism industry.
The ads run on TV, in newspapers, on airplanes, online and elsewhere.
The tourism ads are done by Newfoundland agency Target Marketing.
QUICK FACTS FROM THE NL DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM
· The 2014 Newfoundland and Labrador tourism marketing campaign was launched today with the latest instalment of the Find Yourself campaign which was launched in 2006.
· The 2014 campaign continues to position Newfoundland and Labrador on a platform of creativity, expressed by three pillars: our people, our culture and our natural environment.
· To date, the province’s Find Yourself campaign has won 209 awards.
· Tourism spending reached $1 billion in Newfoundland and Labrador for the first time in 2011, putting the province well ahead of schedule for achieving the Vision 2020 goal of doubling tourism spending to $1.6 billion annually.
· Since 2006, the Provincial Government has invested $94 million in tourism marketing.