Top News

Firefighters called to fire at Bagel Cafe in downtown St. John's Saturday


No injuries

A kitchen fire at the Bagel Café on Duckworth Street had firefighters responding to the business Saturday afternoon.

The fire started in an upstairs cooking area of the business and sent smoke through the upper floor.

An official on scene said the fire was not serious and that damage to the area was minor. The business and building were evacuated as emergency officials tended to the call.

There were no injuries.

Recent Stories