Firefighters made quick work of a house fire in Mount Pearl Wednesday night after they arrived on Lady Ann Place to find a fire in the kitchen area at about 11 p.m.
St. John’s Regional fire department platoon chief Rick Dehann said the family that lived there were not home at the time but had returned to find it filled with smoke. Firefighters laid an attack line and extinguished the fire in the kitchen and opened windows to vent smoke from the structure. After the fire was out, a firefighter came out of the home with what appeared to be a pot and frying pan.
The home suffered fire and water damage in the kitchen and some smoke damage throughout.
There were no injuries.