Due to extremely low water levels and extremely high water temperatures, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans has closed the following rivers effective one hour after sunset on Tuesday July 15. DFO says rivers will reopen as conditions improve.
• Campbellton River & tributaries
• Dog Bay Rivers, including SW Brook & all tributaries
• Northwest Gander tributary
• All other tributaries of the Main Stem and Southwest Gander
• Ragged Harbour River & tributary streams
• Anchor Brook
• Deadman’s Bay River & tributary streams
• Windmill Brook
• Indian Bay River & tributary streams
• Traverse Brook & tributary streams
• Middle Brook, including Square Pond Brook & Burnt Pond Brook
• Gambo River & tributary streams, including Mint Brook, Narrows, Triton
Brook, Riverhead Brook & Parsons Brook.
• Northwest Brook, Alexander Bay
• Terra Nova River and tributaries, including Maccles Brook.
• Salmon Cove River
• Shoal Harbour River
• Come By Chance River
• North Harbour River
• Black River, Placentia Bay below falls
• Piper’s Hole River
For more information, visit the In Season River Status report at
www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/River-Status/In-Season, or call the Angling Line